29 December 2009

Surprise Visit to my Uncle -- Part 2












Well after driving all that way, we finally arrived around 1.30pm on Sunday afternoon...You should have seen the look on my Uncles face, it was PRICELESS, i really thought we would have to call an ambulance...LOL LOL LOL...Anyway that night we went to Food Star- this is an all you can eat restaurant, my aunt had managed to book a table for 4 without my uncle even knowing...I think that night i went to bed at 8.30pm, we were so tired from our long journey.

The next day we went up to the Dandenongs, and did a few touristy things, like visiting the Tea Lady here is her website: http://www.tealeaves.com.au/ and if you ever get a chance you should go there, its an amazing place, we brought some Vanilla Coffee, boy oh boy is it nice...200g for $6.99 on special, and also brought my nephews a coffee mug each in the shape of a Skull, which was a hit with them on Christmas night...We also stopped at a place a little further down the mountain range and fed the wild birds, there were King Parrots, Cockatoos, Rosellas etc, and boy where they tame, they even fed out of your hand, the bag of feed was only $1.00, we also had a coffee and the best vanilla slice in the world I reckon...(see photo above of my uncle eating his--LOL LOL)...Then off we went back to my uncles place and dropped him and Brett back there and Rhonda and I went shopping and yes you guessed it we went to Boronia to Creative Ideas....and then in the evening after dinner we all went to Derek and Sharon's house to see Jaimee & Mitchell and their christmas lights, it was so good to catch up with them once again, and can't wait to see them again soon..

No comments: